If your jurisdiction is not listed below and you have moved, please use our Application For Per Capita and / or Occupation Exoneration Request Form – Moved.
For all other reasons, please us our Application For Per Capita and / or Occupation Exoneration Request Form.
Can I apply for exoneration from this tax?
In most cases there is only one exoneration for the Per Capita Tax, under 18 years of age. If age exoneration is not 18 it will be noted on your tax notice. However, some areas allow an exemption for the Occupation Tax such as Students, Disabled Individuals and Active Military. Your bill should contain a list of available exonerations for your area, if no exonerations are listed then you would be liable for the tax. If you have questions on the exonerations, please contact us by email to see if your circumstances are within the exoneration guidelines for where you live. Some areas require you to submit an exoneration form. If your bill indicates such, please click on the link below to obtain the form.
What should I do if I qualify for an exoneration?
If you qualify for exoneration you will be required to return the bill/form along with the supporting documentation required as noted on the bill and/or exoneration form for the area that you reside in. If your area requires an exoneration form they are listed below, if not listed provide information and return bill.
- Brookville ASD Exoneration Form
- Brookville ASD Occupation Change Form
- City of Butler Per Capita Tax Exoneration Form
- Butler ASD Per Capita Tax Exoneration Form
- Girard Municipality & School District (Occupation Residence Tax)
- Girard School District (Delinquent Per Capita Tax)
- Laurel School District
- Lebanon County School Districts
- Lower Swatara Township
- Neshannock Township School District – Per Capita Tax
- Neshannock Township School District – Per Capita Tax (Income)
- Norristown Area School District
- North Schuylkill School District
- Norwin School District
- Palmerton Area School District (Delinquent Taxes Only)
- Pine Grove Area School District
- Salisbury Township School District
- Shenandoah Valley School District
- Tamaqua ASD (Delinquent Taxes Only)
- Upper Perkiomen SD
- Wilkes-Barre Area School District
- Zelienople Borough